MIDDLE EAST PETROLEUM CLUB – VIP PROGRAMME
AN EXCLUSIVE BUSINESS PLATFORM FOR SENIOR OIL AND GAS EXECUTIVES
ADIPEC executive dialogues… part of the VIP Programme
ADIPEC EXECUTIVE DIALOGUES
ADIPEC question time … an audience with Jim O’Neill, former Commercial Secretary to HM Treasury
The next economic giants: shifting global powers and resulting oil and gas scenarios
- Insights into the shift in global economic power from G7 economies to BRIC and the growing importance globally of Brazil, Russia, India, China.
- The next economic giants: Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria and Turkey. Understanding the importance of the MINT growth markets
- MIKT emerging industrial powerhouses Mexico, Indonesia, South Korea and Turkey. Economic and political partners of the future.
Lord Jim O'Neill
Former Commercial Secretary
to HM Treasury
Monday 13 November 16:00 – 17.00
ADIPEC executive dialogues … Mexico’s advance towards an enhanced open energy market
- Understanding upcoming commercial opportunities in Mexico’s abundant energy reserves including upstream exploration and production and downstream refining in line with current energy reforms.
- Forming strategic alliances and creating joint venture opportunities within Mexico and Pemex 2017-2021
- Timelines and prospects for upcoming offshore licensing rounds
Tuesday 14 November 11:15 – 11:45
Deputy Secretary of Energy for Hydrocarbons,Ministry of Energy
Juan Carlos Zepeda Molina
National Commission of Hydrocarbons (CNH)
ADIPEC executive dialogues … Egypt’s golden age of hydrocarbon discovery
Spearheaded by recent discoveries, significant investment into field exploration and development of approximately $25 billion continues to be pumped into ongoing major onshore and offshore projects within Egypt.
With an inflow of new investments and new hydrocarbon discoveries surpassing initial expectations, Egypt is witnessing a wave of enhancements within its oil and gas sector and paving the way to position itself as a strategic energy hub, creating a multitude of opportunities for international business partnerships, industry collaborations and strategic alliances.
Tuesday 14 November 12:00 – 13.00
Tarek El Molla
Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources
ARAB REPUBLIC OF EGYPT
ADIPEC executive dialogues … Col. Alfred M. Worden, USAF-Ret., Command Module Pilot, Apollo 15
In 1971, Col. Worden’s space mission had a scientific assignment to study the moon’s geology, and was the first of the Apollo flights to carry a Lunar Rover, which gave the crew more surface mobility. As Command Module Pilot, Worden was the first human to carry out a deep space EVA ‘spacewalk’.
In the decades since the historic flight, Worden has applied his engineering skills and pioneering spirit in service to a wide range of interests in industry, government and academia. In particular, he is an active advocate for STEM education and careers.
At the Middle East Petroleum Club, Col Worden will share highlights from his career of exploring the moon where he operated and performed in extreme and sometimes challenging environments, illuminating the intellectual, cultural and emotional values shared by all explorers, and how these compare down on earth, to the day to day business challenges oil and gas executives and companies are facing today.
Presented in partnership with Kallman Worldwide, organiser of the USA Partnership Pavilion
Col. Alfred M. Worden
Command Module Pilot
Wednesday 15 November 11:00-12:00
ADIPEC executive dialogues … the Middle Eastern heavy oil opportunity
The Middle East is continuing to explore and produce its heavy oil reserves with Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia paving the way in the region with investments and implementation of innovative technologies and strategies, in their quest for exploring and producing heavy and ultra-heavy oil.
- Strategic and technical updates from key heavy oil projects in Oman, Kuwait and Bahrain
- Accelerating exploration and production through innovative technology R&D and investment: key findings from international heavy oil partners
- Insights into the value of pursuing exploration and production of heavy oil in the continued environment of subdued oil prices
Thursday 16 November 11:00-12:00
Dr Ali Al Gheithy
Petroleum Engineering Function Director
PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT OMAN(PDO)
Vice President – Energy
Saskatchewan Research Council